Sunday, January 13, 2013

Why We Broke Up

I will be reviewing a very interesting book tonight: Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and illustrated by Maira Kalman.
I have to admit that when I picked up this book, I was giddy about the illustrations. They add so much to it. Other authors couldn't get away with doing this, but it worked perfectly here.
The whole story centers around the contents of a box, and each item told a story as to why the main characters broke up. The story was heartbreaking, but wonderfully told.
The plot was well told, and the characters were extremely believable. The reader can put themselves in Min's shoes, feel what she feels. It's amazing.
I also loved the fact that it was told in a teen's voice and point of view. That makes the story even more believable. The ending is perfect, and it will leave you sighing with contentment.
Another 5 Star Review

No comments:

Post a Comment