Monday, January 21, 2013

The Year I Turned Sixteen

I am going to review one of my favorite books tonight. The Year I Turned Sixteen by Diane Schwemm is now and forever a favorite of mine. It's a collection of her four books about four sisters that takes place in the year they each turned sixteen.
I adore the characters. The author does an incredible job of taking the reader on an emotional journey through four different and unique characters. The reader also finds themselves remembering the year they turned sixteen. I guess that good be either good or bad! :)
The characters face everything from dealing with being the oldest sister and helping the family, death, dealing with bad influences, and trying to find out who they are on their own.
I really don't think this book will disappoint. 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment