Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

This is such a beautiful cover!
I am going to review what is probably my favorite book in the world. As I say this, please keep in mind that I relate to the main character on a level that I would have sworn, had I been alive at the time, that it was written about me.
Now, the book is The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. I know what you're thinking, "How can she think to review a master author like L.M. Montgomery." Well, it is done with nothing but respect.
This book is about a woman, Valancy, that has been living under her mother's, aunt's, and the rest of her family's thumbs all of her life. She has always been passed over since she was a little girl because she wasn't pretty.
It isn't until a series of some funny and some sad events take place that she finds herself out from under their control, and that's when she finally has a life! She lives, loves, and couldn't be happier.
I can't say a negative thing about this book. It touches the reader's heart and the characters are incredible. The plot is beautiful, and it moves at a great pace. You'll find yourself happy, sad, and frustrated as Valancy goes through the paces of really living for the first time. Beautiful! 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment