Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Duff

This evening I will be reviewing The Duff (The Designated Ugly Fat Friend) by Kody Keplinger.
This book is...well...read on.
The characters were written very well, so I have to give the author kudos for that. They were each unique, complicated, and well written.
The plot line was, in my opinion, an easy way out. It is basically about a guy, Wesley, that insults the main character, Bianca, by calling her the Duff of her group of friends.
This somehow leads to her sleeping with him multiple times as an escape to what is going on in her life at home.
Everything is tied up peaches and cream in the end when they get together. That just doesn't work for me. Reality is suspended way too far there. People just don't work that way, and if they do, they should be in a therapist's office ASAP.
I have to give this book 1 Star. It just isn't worth the time you would waste reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment